Things to Do Over Winter Break

John Ryu, Staff Writer

Winter break is a great time to take a break from the hustle and bustle of school and work, and relax and recharge. There are so many things you can do over winter break, and it can be hard to decide how to spend your time. Here are ideas for something to do over break to help you make the most of your time off:

Plan a trip.

One of the best things about winter break is that it provides a much-needed break from the hectic pace of everyday life. For many, the holiday season is a time for relaxation, fun, and rejuvenation.

For travelers, this means that you have plenty of time to plan and prepare for your trip. With no school or work to worry about, you can take your time and make sure that every detail is perfect. Senior Rachel Lin says, “I recently got a job at target, and I have been saving for two months to go to Hawaii over winter break with my sister.” You can research your destination, book your flights and accommodations, and take care of all the other tasks that are involved in planning a successful trip.

Additionally, the great thing about winter break is that it is a time when many destinations are less crowded and more affordable. The holiday season is a busy time of year, and many people are traveling to visit family and friends. This means that you can often find deals on flights and accommodations, and avoid crowds and enjoying your destination more peacefully.

Plan a party.

Winter break is a great time to plan a party. With the colder weather and shorter days, it is the perfect time to gather with friends and family and celebrate the holiday season. Whether you’re planning a small get together or a large bash, there are plenty of reasons why winter break is the perfect time to plan a party.

You could also throw a casual party just with your families and friends. Junior Elliot Cao shared that “I have been to multiple family parties for Christmas, We would often choose to go skiing place and have fun there.” Harry Liu senior adds, “Every year Christmas we play ‘Home Alone’ in the background and have a small family party all day.”.

For party planners, this means that you have plenty of time to plan and prepare for your party. With no school or work to worry about, you can take your time and make sure that every detail is perfect. You can create a guest list, plan the menu, choose the decorations, and take care of all the other tasks that are involved in planning a successful party.

Another great thing about winter break is that it’s a time when many people are in a festive mood. The holiday season is a time of joy and celebration, and people are often more open to attending parties and gatherings. This means that you have a better chance of getting a good turnout for your party, and that your guests will be in a more festive and celebratory mood.

In addition to providing a great opportunity to plan and prepare for a party, winter break is also a great time to take advantage of the colder weather and shorter days. You can plan a party that incorporates fun winter activities, such as ice skating, sledding, or building a snowman. You can also take advantage of the cozy atmosphere of winter, and plan a party that focuses on warm and comforting foods and drinks.

Catch up on your favorite TV shows.

Winter break is a great time to catch up on all the TV shows and movies that you may have missed during the busy school year. With the colder weather and shorter days, it’s the perfect time to curl up on the couch and indulge in some binge-watching.

Sophomore Julian lee says “from first day to last day of winter break I would binge watch shows that I’ve missed for straight 4 hours. It is definitely the best thing to just lay in a cozy bed when it’s cold outside.”

For TV and movie enthusiasts, this means catching up on all the shows and movies you may have missed during the year. With no school or work to worry about, you have plenty of time to sit back and enjoy your favorite shows and movies. 

Winter break is a time for relaxation, rejuvenation, and enjoyment. One great way to spend this time is by catching up on your favorite TV shows, planning a party, or planning a trip. These activities provide an opportunity to unwind, connect with loved ones, and engage in fun and fulfilling experiences. In addition, they can help alleviate the stress and pressures of everyday life, allowing you to return to your daily routine feeling refreshed and invigorated. Overall, making time for these activities during winter break is a fantastic way to make the most of this special time of year.