Girls’ JV Soccer Loses a Tough Match Against Skyline

Maya Colchamiro, Staff Writer

On Oct. 29, the Issaquah girls’ JV soccer team played hard in a strenuous match against Skyline, resulting in a 3-2 loss. The first goal was scored by freshman Sophie Penton, with an amazing turn around the defensive line, which allowed her to score a fantastic goal in the bottom corner of the net. The second goal was scored by junior Sallie Thieme, resulting from a free kick and landing above the goal keeper’s head.

Sophomore Daniella Menser explains that “the team was really driven and determined. I think that we still played well despite our loss.” She elaborates further, “The team played really hard, and I would say it was one of our more physical games.” Coach Charles Glenn agrees, saying, “The girls played really hard even though there was an unfortunate result.” He additionally explains that “it was great to end the season playing against Skyline, and I feel like both sides worked extremely hard.” Menser agrees, saying, “The team had a good season, and while I do wish that we ended on a win, I still think everyone played well.”

The close game made for an exciting viewing experience. I could tell how passionate both sides were, and that the final game of the season was well played on each side. Issaquah’s strong defensive line was displayed, yet the strength of Skyline powered through. Menser explains that “both teams have a lot of respect for each other, and our competition really motivated us to work hard.” The team’s resilient mindset shined through on this cold Saturday night. The soccer team’s passion is consistently displayed throughout the team, their coaches, and their supporters.

In summary, the commitment and integrity of both soccer teams were proved in this difficult match. Although the team felt this loss, they still fought hard in the last match of the season. The junior varsity girls’ soccer team is a determined group, ready to bounce back next year.