Issaquah Varsity Football Had a Challenging Game Against North Creek

Ava Wine, Staff Writer

Issaquah Eagles lost a difficult game against North Creak Jaguars 30 to 54. Even with the game being rescheduled, the tough air quality, and the hot 90 degrees, our Eagles held up a good fight. So far the team has won two out of seven games but according to one of the Eagle’s coaches Reese Cloyd, “We have shown a lot of growth in different areas. That hasn’t shown up on the scoreboard necessarily.” When the Eagles played North Creek last season, we lost 0 to 47. Cloyd adds, ” Last time we played them (North Creek) it was for a playoff spot… They ended up winning by two touchdowns, they are a tough team, but we give them a good game.”    

Just two minutes into the game, North Creek scored a touchdown causing some panic for the Eagles who were watching. Luckily, senior Benjamin LaFramboise, our lead wide receiver, scored a touchdown in that same quarter with four minutes left, tying the game.  

North Creek also started the second quarter with a touchdown causing the score to be 8 – 14. With two minutes left the Eagles scored a touchdown allowing us to lead with 16-14. With this play we thought we were in the lead. Sadly, with just 42 seconds left the jaguars scored a touchdown. 

Immediately, in the third quarter, the Jaguars scored a touchdown by intercepting the ball. Senior Amauri Mountain made a long run back play getting the team super close to the end-zone but sadly the Eagles were not successful in this due to another interception. In the last six minutes the Jaguars scored two touchdowns, making the score 16-40. This did not stop the Eagles from giving it their all in the next quarter. 

In the fourth quarter, the Eagles came back strong with a defensive touchdown by junior Thijs Van Diepen. When asked about his touchdown he said it was his first touchdown this season. Despite this great play, the Jaguars scored two touchdowns. The Eagles had a brief huddle and then The Eagles had one last play to try and raise their score in the last minute of the game. Another defensive touchdown LaFramboise was done in the last 45 seconds. 

Overall, we played very well and had a nice challenge playing against the North Creek Jaguars.  Even with this loss, it was a win for our defensive line which scored three touchdowns. Issaquah has two more games before the end of the season against Skyline (one of our rivals) and Cascade High School.  We hope to see you at those games. Go Eagles!