Chemical Spill at Buffalo Wild Wings


Jackson Chollman, Staff Writer

The manager of a Buffalo Wild Wings (BWW) in Burlington, Massachusetts died on Thurs. Nov. 7 after being exposed to hazardous cleaning materials. Thirteen other employees were also badly injured. Boston News explains how “an employee opened a bottle of Super 8, a common sanitizer made from sodium hypochlorite, and began to clean the floor with it. However, the worker was unaware that Scale Kleen, a de-scaling product that is 51 percent acid, had spilled on the floor. When the worker inadvertently mixed the two products with a push broom, the mixture turned green and bubbled, becoming a dangerous toxic substance.” All because of an accidental spill, the manager of the BWW has sadly passed.