Boys’ Junior Varsity Tennis Match Rained Out Against Inglemoor

Benny Po, Staff Writer

Hoping to clutch a victory to move up the standings, the Issaquah Boys’ Junior Varsity Tennis Team were looking to have a good match against Inglemoor on Thursday. Unfortunately, the match itself never unfolded as the match was rained out right after the first few serves of the number one doubles and singles matches.

Heading into the match with Inglemoor, Coach Jacqueline Bykonen stressed that “this would be an important match, and a great opportunity for Issaquah to move up in the standings.”The boys’ junior varsity team is currently hanging in around the middle of the pack with a two win to four loss win loss record. Coach Bykonen stated that the matches she was going to be the most focused on were the “number one singles matches played by freshman Benjamin Kang, and the number one doubles matches with senior Nathan Dennis and junior Brendan Lee.

Kang, who was going to play the number one singles spot against Inglemoor, appeared confident and got off to an early lead in his singles match. Kang emphasized that his key to winning would be “making sure all my serves go in.”Likewise, Dennis and Lee, who were playing in the number one doubles match, also got off to a hot start before the match was rained out. Dennis believed the key to winning for Issaquah would be “getting advantages of good serves.”

While the game was cut short, the Issaquah team seemed to be in good shape, with several players establishing early leads. Senior Kyle Yammabe, who was watching the match, commented,“Issaquah seemed really prepared and excited for the match.”