Issaquah Soccer Dominates Eastlake

Camden Jeske, Staff Writer

Issaquah Men’s Varsity soccer dismantled the Eastlake Wolves last night at home with a very strong performance and a 2-0 victory. Goals were scored by senior Charlie Buttler, who had some excellent tight footwork that managed to win a penalty and convert it, and senior Gage Howard, who used his sizeable noggin to head the ball into the back of the net, making it 2-0 in the first half. When asked what went right in the game, senior captain Dawson Oen said, “It was a very hard fought game. We defended well as a unit and scored two great goals.”

This is the Eagle’s fourth win of the regular season, and they currently sit in fourth place in KingCo. This result makes the Eagle’s undefeated in their last two games, and they will be looking to keep that momentum up against Redmond at home next week as they sit second in the table. According to the other senior captain, Charlie Buttler, the men will be preparing for the last two games of the regular season by“ focusing on putting the ball in the back of the net, working on our communication as a whole across the field, and playing with the aggression to match the high school intensity.”

Be sure to come out and support the team as they play Redmond at home this coming Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.