The Issaquah High Times

“Fantastic Beasts and the Crimes of Grindelwald” Sure to Be a Potter Fan’s Favorite

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jayarithanyaa VR, Staff Writer

The movie, “Fantastic Beasts and the Crimes of Grindelwald” is  the sequel to the series “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.” This is a series of magical stories  written by the author, J.K.Rowling. Her stories like the Harry Potter series and Fantastic Beasts entertained me a lot. It tells the story of Albus Dumbledore and his efforts to foil the plans of the dark wizard, Gellert Grindelwald. His plan is to raise pure-blood wizards and have them rule over muggles, and Dumbledore seeks the help of his former student, Newt Scamander. Newt Scamander agrees to help and faces a lot of dangers after Gellert Grindelwald escapes from prison.

My favorite part is when Leta Lestrange sacrifices herself to save Newt, Tina, and the others and when the heroes team up with the immortal alchemist Nicholas Flamel, (the wizard who made the sorcerer’s stone in the first book of Harry Potter,) to defeat Grindelwald.

This movie is actually a few generations before the Harry Potter as Leta Lestrange is an ancestor of Rodolphus Lestrange(Husband of Bellatrix Lestrange.)

This story is one of my favorites as it gives the details which I really wanted to know. For example, I came to know a detailed theory of who Grindelwald is which I didn’t know from Harry Potter series.  I think it would be a favorite for every die hard fan of Harry Potter.

This story connects the tale of Harry Potter because it explains the relationship of Dumbledore and Grindelwald. It also revolves around the crimes of Grindelwald in detail, which was interesting to see.

Gellert Grindelwald also marks Credence as the only one who can kill his equal, which is Albus Dumbledore. Overall, this story is very interesting as it is suspenseful and intriguing.

Jayarithanyaa VR, Staff Writer

First year of journalism, class of 2020.Have just moved to Issaquah High School. Love art and baking cakes. Love to hear music while reading. Currently...