Issaquah High School Eagles Work to “Kick MS With Claudia”

Issaquah High School Eagles Work to Kick MS With Claudia

Press Release, Staff Writer

On Tuesday October 30th at 7PM, the defending State Champion Issaquah Eagles will host the second place WesCo team in the KingCo/WesCo District semi-final playoff game. As important as this night is for soccer, it is special in another way as well. On this night, the Eagles will honor one of their own, assistant coach and Class of 18 graduate, Claudia Longo, a remarkable young woman facing a daunting diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis with passion and determination. Claudia is a soccer champion in her own right, and was instrumental in two state championships for the Eagles. She is an All-American soccer player and a member of the University of Washington Huskies Women’s Soccer Team. This remarkable young woman who has battled stellar soccer teams for years is facing a new battle as she deals with the uncertainty of her diagnosis. The diagnosis, which came in the spring of last year, may have put her collegiate soccer plans on hold, but will not stop Claudia’s passion for soccer. This year, while she redshirts the UW soccer season, she has dedicated her time and energy to the varsity soccer program at Issaquah High School. The Issaquah Eagles want to show her how much they love and appreciate her by dedicating this game to her, vowing to “Kick MS with Claudia” by raising money for The National Multiple Sclerosis Society that night. During the evening, Issaquah High School volunteers will be selling t-shirts, bracelets, and stickers to raise money. Additionally, donations can be made to the National MS Society that evening at the ticket counter, to volunteers designated at the event or on-line anytime between now and November 6, 2018 using the link below.

That night, the girls on the pitch representing Issaquah High School will be wearing orange socks and armbands to support Claudia and to create awareness for Multiple Sclerosis research. Please join us on Tuesday October 30th at 7PM to honor Claudia’s fight against MS, and to watch the Eagles on their quest to return to the state tournament.

For more information, please contact:  

Chloe Lang (Varsity Goalkeeper) (425) 443-2600 or [email protected]  

Luke Ande (IHS Athletic Director) (425) 837-6006 or [email protected]

Donation link: https://web.issaquah.wednet.edu/touchbase/